2015 date to be announced soon!
In 2014 guests joined Chef Chair David Katz, Honorary Chair Greg Vernick, and Mixology Chair Phoebe Esmon for Philadelphia's Taste of the Nation® for No Kid Hungry. The event brought together the area's top chefs and restaurants who donated their time, talent and passion to end childhood hunger in America. Along with a bounty of culinary delights, guests had the opportunity to sample select wines, specialty cocktails and premium beers.
Thanks to all who help us to ensure that no kid in America grows up hungry! The beneficiaries of Philadelphia's Taste of the Nation are The Food Trust, The Greater Philadelphia Coalition Against Hunger, and The Pennsylvania Hunger Action Center.
Can’t make it to the event, but still want to help?
Make a donation!
2014 Participating Restaurants:
- Alla Spina
- Bar Ferdinand
- Bistrot La Minette
- Border Springs Lamb Farm
- Brauhaus Schmitz
- Cherry Bomb Bus
- Creekstone Farms (Chef Chair David Katz)
- Devil's Den
- High Street on Market
- Lacroix at the Rittenhouse
- Red Owl Tavern
- Shake Shack
- South Philadelphia Tap Room
- Square 1682
- Sweet Box
- Taco Mondo
- The Avenue Deli
- The Twisted Tail
- Varga Bar
- Vernick Food + Drink
- Will BYOB
2014 Mixology Participants: 2014 Mixology Brands:
The Franklin Mortgage & Investment Co.
Khyber Pass Pub
Le Méridien Philadelphia
Red Owl Tavern
Vernick Food + Drink
Who We Help
The Greater Philadelphia Coalition Against Hunger strives to build a community where all people have the food they need to lead healthy lives. Founded in 1996, the Coalition has helped more than 50,000 families in the Philadelphia region with food assistance through its SNAP (Food Stamp) Hotline, while educating the public and policymakers about responsible solutions that prevent people from going hungry. The Coalition also provides training and resources to more than 100 local food pantries and soup kitchens and organizes the annual Walk+Run Against Hunger, which raises much-needed funds to the area's leading hunger-relief agencies.
The Food Trust strives to make healthy food available to all. Working with neighborhoods, schools, grocers, farmers and policymakers, The Food Trust has developed a comprehensive approach to improve food environments and teach nutrition education in schools, work with corner store owners to increase healthy offerings and help customers make healthier choices, bring farmers' markets to communities that lack access to affordable produce and encourage other fresh food retail development in underserved communities.
The Pennsylvania Hunger Action Center works to end hunger and increase opportunities for all Pennsylvanians to meet their food needs with health and dignity. In existence for 30 years, the Center serves as an active voice to shape public food policy. The Center's efforts focus on advocacy, linking people to food, policy studies, news and alerts and anti-hunger networking.
2012 Press Releases
- Main Line Today: Taste of the Nation Hits Philly and Brings Main Line Flavor Along - April 27, 2012
- Drink Philly: Eat, Drink & Help Hungry Kids at Taste of the Nation, May 7 - April 26, 2012
- Examiner: Taste of the Nation Philadelphia & Share Our Strength's Wine & Food Event - April 23, 2012
- The Housewife Diaries: Taste of the Nation Philadelphia- April 13, 2012
- Grub Street; Share Our Strength Hosts 'No Kid Hungry Happy Hour' at Square 1682 - April 4, 2012
- Eater.com: Cheflanthropy
- Philly Homegrown Blog: Guide to Upcoming Foodie Events
- Phoodie.info: The New Taste of the Nation Chef Chair is... - February 9, 2012
- Uwishunu: Taste of the Nation Culinary Fundraiser, Set for May 7, Announces a Limited-Time Ticket Discount and a New Chef Chair, Kevin Sbraga - February 6, 2012
- PhillyChitChat: Taste of the Nation: It's Never Too Late to Post Is It - August 17, 2011
- The Whole Enchilada PR: Event Video - June 29, 2011
- Foodist Files: Philly's Top-Tier Tasting Event Aims to Leave No One Hungry - June 26, 2011
- upcomingevents.com Photo Gallery
- Grub Street: What You Missed at Last Night's Taste of the Nation - June 21, 2011
- Meal Ticket/Philadelphia City Paper: Photos from Taste of the Nation - June 21, 2011
- NBC 10! Show: Taste of the Nation Preview - June 20, 2011
- Downingtown Dish: Taste of the Nation Philadelphia's Culinary Fundraiser Returns on June 20 - June 18, 2011
- Foobooz: Taste of the Nation Set for Monday - June 17, 2011
- THE FEAST - June 7, 2011
- Zagat Philadelphia: Dine Out for Life and Taste of the Nation Hit Town - April 11, 2011
2011 Press Releases
- TON Philadelphia Belukus Release.pdf
- TON Philadelphia Pre-event Release.pdf
- TON Philadelphia 2011 Initial Release.pdf