One in Five Children in America Struggles with Hunger
TICKETS NOW ON SALE!
Share Our Strength's
25th Annual Taste of the Nation Orlando
Saturday, August 9, 2014
Orlando World Center Marriott
8701 World Center Drive
Orlando, FL 32821
Event Chairmen: Bill Sullivan & Michele Byington
Taste of the Nation Orlando
Taste of the Nation Orlando 2013 Recap:
JEFF BRIDGES HELPS TO FIGHT CHILDHOOD HUNGER:
Actor Jeff Bridges fights childhood food insecurity with the No Kid Hungry Share Our Strength campaign. As the national spokesperson, Bridges advocates for increased awareness of the problem and solutions, including universal breakfast in schools and summer meal programs.
“It affects me in a personal way thinking about what that would feel like if I wasn’t able to provide for my kids,” Bridges said. See the video here.
Locally Presented By:
2013 Participating Restaurants:
- 4Rivers Smokehouse
- Rosen Shingle Creek - A Land Remembered
- American Culinary Federation
- B.B.Kings Blues Club
- Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine
- Rosen Shingle Creek - Cala Bella Italian Bistro
- The Capital Grille (Pointe Orlando and Mall at Millenia)
- Cask & Larder/The Ravenous Pig
- CFHLA Food & Beverage Council
- Christners Prime Steak & Lobster
- Journey's Catering
- JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes
- K Restaurant and Wine Bar
- Kobe Japanese Steakhouse
- Lakeridge Winery
- LongHorn Steakhouse
- Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano
- Marlow's Tavern
- Nestle Professional
- Olive Garden
- Orlando World Center Marriott
- The Palm
Participating Beverage Suppliers:
2013 Participating Beverage Suppliers:
2013 Live Auction Items:
Pre-register your phone for 2013's bidding by clicking here!
2013 Silent Auction Highlights:
(Scroll Down to View Live Auction Highlights)
|Universal Orlando: Two-Park VIP Tour||Four admissions to Bok Tower/Gardens|
- BB&T - Four tickets to the Sarah Brightman concert on October 8th
- Charles Hosmer, The Morse Museum of American Art - Four museum passes
- Electronic Arts Inc - Two sports video games, two apparel items
- Florida Aquarium - Two admission tickets
- Garden Theatre - Two tickets to a live performance during the 2013-2014 season.
- Howl at the Moon - A happy hour party for up to 100 people
- Museum of Science & Industry (MOSI) - Four admission tickets to MOSI exhibits
- Orange County Regional History Center - Four admission tickets
- Orlando Repertory Theatre - Two vouchers good for two tickets each
- Orlando Science Center - 4 ticket vouchers to Orlando Science Center
- Orlando Shakespeare Theater - Two tickets to The Cortez Method
- SAK Comedy Lab - Four admission passes
- SunFest of Palm Beach County - Two complimentary one-day tickets to SunFest
- WKMG-TV - Four LEGOLAND Florida Admission tickets
Food & Beverage
|Chef Keith R. Esbin: Hands-on, in home sushi class for 20||JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes: Chef's Table-dinner for six|
- Ancient Olive, The/Spice & Tea Exchange - The Gourment gift basket for foodies.
- Carlise Realty, LLC - BBQ for twenty people.
- Dixie Crossroads - 4 $20 gift certificates
- Ethos Vegan Kitchen - $25 gift card
- Landry's - $25 gift card
- Hickory Farms - $150 gift certificate.
- Grand Bohemian hotel - Orlando Brunch for four at The Boheme
- Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport - Dinner for two in the Hemisphere
- Integra Land Company - Wine gift box, kona coffee and candle
- Margaritaville Caribbean - 2x $100 dinners at Margaritaville/Marguerites
- New York Pizza Deli - Four $25 gift certificates.
- ONE80 Grey Goose Lounge - Bottle of Grey Goose and table for up to six guests
- Peabody Orlando - $150 gift certificate to NAPA restaurant
- Pfaelzer Brothers - $175 gift certificate
- Season's 52 - Complimentary Chef's Table experience for up to 6 guests.
- The Greyhound Keith R. Esbin - Admission for 4 to "Greyt Plates"
- Tim's Wine Market - Wine tasting for two at Tim's Wine Market in Ivanhoe Village.
- Total Wine & More - Wine Education Class for 2 couples (4 classes total)
- Wawa - $100 gift card and gift basket
|JetBlue: 12 roundtrip tickets||Hilton Grand Vacations: Four nights in a two bedroom suite at Las Vegas.|
|Regions Bank: Green Regions Beach Cruiser bicycle||A pair of lifetime Taste of the Nation Orlando tickets.|
- Bag'n Baggage Company - $100 gift certificate
- Career Choice, Inc - Field to Feast signed 2013 Taste of the Nation by authors
- Coalition for the Homeless - Prada Amber eau de parfum
- Dean Koontz - Autographed copy of Dean Koontz's book What the Night Knows
- Gina Bernardini - Painting
- Meredith Sand Designs - Custom hand-stamped stationery gift certificate
- Keith R. Esbin/Greyhound - Autographed Jacket by Brian Malarkey
- Keith R. Esbin/Greyhound - Autographed Jacket by chef Robert Irvine.
- Keith R. Esbin/Greyhound - Autographed Jacket from chef Alex Guarnaschelli.
- Keith R. Esbin/Greyhound - Autographed Jacket "Chopped" judge Marc Murphy.
- Keith R. Esbin/Greyhound - Autographed Jacket Indy Race legend Mario Andretti.
- Keith R. Esbin/Greyhound - Autographed photo of chef Lorena Garcia (Taco Bell)
- Keith R. Esbin/Greyhound - Autographed photo of chef Marcus Samuelsson
- Keith R. Esbin/Greyhound - Autographed photo of "Chopped" judge Chauhan
- Keith R. Esbin/Greyhound - Autographed photo of chef Aaron Sanchez
- Keith R. Esbin/Greyhound - Autographed photo of chef Rick Bayless
- Wells Fargo Advisors - Framed 10 shares of Boston and Albany Railroad 1954
- Wells Fargo Advisors - Framed 50 shares of Pennsylvania Railroad Company 1957
Sports & Leisure
|Celebration Golf Club: Four rounds of golf||Orlando Magic: Autographed Arron Affalo Basketball|
- Edibles Etc. Inc. - Lunch for six
- Elite Strength and Fitness - Four one-on-one personal training sessions
- ETW Corp. - Tiger Woods autographed 2005 British Open flag
- Florida Citrus Sports - Four game tickets and autographed Football
- Limo Cycle Florida, LLC - 3 hour Limo Cycle vehicle rental
- Orlando Harley-Davidson - Rider safety class
- Orlando Magic - 2012-2013 Orlando Magic autographed team ball
- Tavistock Foundation - $160 gift card for GolfNow.com
- Tavistock Foundation - Lake Nona Golf & Country Club foursome.
- Tuscawilla Country Club - 60 day full golf membership
2013 Live Auction Items
Exotic Supercar Driving Experience in Las Vegas
World Golf Hall of Fame Getaway
- Katy Widrick - Flying Desserts - Recap
- Katie's Cucina - Recap
- Love & Zest - Recap
- Kokocooks - Recap
- Tasty Chomps - Recap
- Adriana's Best Recipes - Recap
- Eat:Watch:Run - Recap
- Central Florida Top 5 - Recap
- Analog Artist, Digital World - Recap
- Orlando Family Style - Recap
- DSWFoto - Recap
- Orlando Sentinel - TotN raises more than $245,000 to help local hunger relief efforts - Recap
- Seminole Voice - Josh Garrick: Culture Worthy of Your Calendar
- Orlando Sentinel - Make Haste for Taste
- Scott Joseph's Orlando Restaurant Guide - Taste of the Nation is Aug. 10th
- Central Florida Top 5 - Taste of the Nation Orlando
- Cook the Story - TotN Ticket Giveaway
- Katie's Cucina - Upcoming Event: Taste of the Nation Orlando
- Edible Orlando - A Taste of the Nation Food Preview
- Wandering Educators - Florida Culture for the Week of July 8
- Orlando Life - People and Places With Paula
- Orlando Sentinel - Eat, drink and help end childhood hunger
- Sushi and Sit-Ups - 2012 TotN Orlando - Recap
- Crave Local - A Night of Food, Wine, Cocktails - Recap
- Peas in a Blog - 2012 - Recap
- Peanut Butter Fingers 2012 - Recap
- Running Peanut 2012 - Recap
- Party with a Purpose - Recap
- Taste of the Nation Orlando 2012 – World Center Marriott - Recap
- Seminole Voice
- East Orlando Sun
- The Park Press
- Mommy, Wait! - Taste of the Nation Orlando 2012
- Central Florida Top5
- Amplified Culture
- Tasty Chomps
- Katy Widrick – Blogging for Good .. Second Harvest Food Bank
- The little Kitchen – Five Things – Hunger in Central Florida
- Tasty Chomps - Taste of the Nation Recap
- Tasty Chomps - Interview with The Ravenous Pig
- Cassandra Branson - Crave Local
- Katy Widrick
- Mega Yummo - City Fire American Oven and Bar at Taste of the Nation Orlando
- Taste of the Nation Orlando, JW Marriott Creme Brulee Demo
- Official Press Release: TASTE OF THE NATION RAISES $156K TO FIGHT CHILDHOOD HUNGER
- MIX 105.1 Community Connection interview with Dana Taylor
- Blog by Coalition for the Homeless
- Guest blog by Taste of the Nation Co-Chair Michele Byington
- Blog: The Dish by Orlando Sentinel staff writer Heather McPherson
- Blog: A Night With the Hops
- Blog by Katy Widrick: In Pursuit of Health, Happiness and a Balanced Diet Life
- Blog: Scott Joseph's Orlando Restaurant Guide
Please contact us regarding event details, PR/media, restaurant participation, volunteering or donating an auction item. Thank you!
Andrea Patenaude, 407-808-7508
Michele Byington 407-246-5504
Matt Harrison, 407-616-7517
Restaurant & Beverage Chair
Bill Sullivan 407-292-0299
Silent & Live Auction Chair
Collen Herrick 407-679-5150
David Sikes 407.463.2925
- Coalition for the Homeless of Central Florida - Coalition for the Homeless of Central Florida’s mission is to transform the lives of homeless men, women, and children by providing crucial services to end their crisis of homelessness. Every day, the Coalition helps an average of 650 homeless individuals, about 200 of whom are children with an average age of less than eight years old.
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida - Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida is a private, nonprofit organization that collects and distributes donated food to more than 500 nonprofit partner agencies in six Central Florida counties: Brevard, Lake, Orange, Osceola, Seminole and Volusia.
- Florida Impact - Florida Impact's mission is to inspire and enlist the people of Florida to secure justice for and with those whose economic rights have not been realized. We also work to increase access to food programs by conducting aggressive outreach strategies and public policy advocacy.
The 25th annual Taste of the Nation Orlando will be held at the Orlando World Center Marriott.
Address and directions can be found at the top of this page.