Check out photos from the 2015 event:
2015 Chef Council
Taco Bamba | Del Campo
VOLT | Lunchbox | Family Meal | RANGE | AGGIO
2015 Participating Restaurants
1789 • America Eats Tavern • Ardeo + Bardeo • Art & Soul • Artisan Confections • Bar Civita • Bar Pilar • Bastille | Bistrot Royal • Belga Cafe | B Too • Best Buns Bread Company • Beuchert's Saloon • Bidwell • Bistro Bis | Vidalia | Woodward Table • BLT Steak • Blue Duck Tavern • The Bombay Club • BRABO by Robert Wiedmaier • Captain Cookie and the Milk Man • Carlyle • Carmine's • Cashion's Eat Place • Cava Mezze • Centrolina • Charlie Palmer Steak • Charm City Cakes • Circle Bistro • Co Co. Sala • Cork Wine Bar • Del Campo • Dino's Grotto • Dolcezza Gelato • Dolci Gelati • El Centro D.F. • Estadio | Proof | Doi Moi • Fare Well • Firefly • Fishnet Restaurant • Floriana Restaurant • Food Wine & Co. • Founding Farmers | Farmers Fishers Bakers • GCDC Grilled Cheese Bar • g'eclair • Georgetown Cupcake • Graffiato by Mike Isabella • Hank's Oyster Bar • Jack Rose Dining Saloon • Juniper • Kapnos • Le Diplomate • Lupo Verde • Lyon Hall | Liberty Tavern | Northside Social • Mandu • Mango Tree • Maple • Marcel's by Robert Wiedmaier • Mason Dixie Biscuit Co. • Masseria • Medium Rare • Mon Ami Gabi • New Heights Restaurant • Nicecream Factory • NoPa Kitchen + Bar • Ocopa • Osteria Morini • Penn Commons • Peregrine Espresso • Pinea • Pitango Gelato • Pop's SeaBar • Poste Moderne Brasserie • RareSweets • RIS • Room 11 • Rural Society • Shake Shack • Sona Creamery & Wine Bar • Sonoma Restaurant and Wine Bar • The Sweet Lobby • Taberna del Alabardero • Table • Thally • The Fainting Goat • The Hamilton • Tico • Toro Toro • Trummer's On Main • Urbana • Vinoteca • VOLT Restaurant Group • Westend Bistro
2015 Mixology Council
Buffalo & Bergen
The Passenger | The Columbia Room | Mockingbird Hill
Southern Efficiency | Eat the Rich
Charlie Palmer Steak
2015 Mixology Participants and Sponsors
sponsored by Catoctin Creek
Eat the Rich
sponsored by Green Hat Gin
Buffalo & Bergen
sponsored by One Eight Distilling
sponsored by Whistle Pig Rye Whiskey
New Columbia Distillers
Team Spirits Imports Company
Capital Area Food Bank
The Capital Area Food Bank is the largest, public nonprofit hunger and nutrition education resource in the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Area. Each year the CAFB distributes 45 million pounds of food, including 17 million pounds of fresh produce, to over 500 partner agencies. The Capital Area Food Bank was founded on Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birthday, January 15, 1980.
In addition to food distribution, the CAFB has several community-building initiatives including Kids Cafe, Food For Kids, Face Hunger, From the Ground Up, Sister Hook-Up, Produce for People, the Brown Bag Program among others.
DC Hunger Solutions
Every day in the District of Columbia, one out of 10 households experience food insecurity, meaning they have uncertain or limited access to, or ability to buy, nutritionally adequate and safe food. One out of 3 D.C. children live on the edge of hunger. The Food Research & Action Center established D.C. Hunger Solutions as a project to fight hunger and improve the nutrition, health, and well-being of children and families in the District of Columbia by:
- Informing the public about hunger and food insecurity in DC.
- Working to boost participation in DC child nutrition programs.
- Working to ensure better food stamp access for more District residents.
Established in 1988, with funding from the District of Columbia Mayor's Office on Latino Affairs(OLA) and the Department of Health (DOH), Mary's Center addressed the demand for bilingual services to pregnant women and their infants in predominantly Latino areas of Ward One. Today, it serves multicultural populations throughout the metro Washington, D.C. region, serving individuals and families who have limited or no access to health-related services.
We envision a day when everyone will receive the highest quality of health care, education and social services. By working together, we help members of all communities be their own advocates and produce generations of leaders ready to contribute to their community's growth and well-being.
Thank you to our ambassadors!
Every Child Matters / Mandala Research
Steve Faigen & David Evans
Pre-Register for the Silent Auction!
If you've already purchased your ticket, you can preview packages and register for the silent auction here. Registering on the site OR by texting "DCNKH15" to 24700 also allows you to receive exclusive information during the event.
Thank you to our Taste of the Nation 2015 auction donors!
America Eats Tavern
Art and Soul
Barrel Oak Winery
Bastille | Bistrot Royale
Belga | Btoo
Best Buns Company
Bistro Bis | Vidalia | Woodward Table
Blue Duck Tavern
Boating in DC
The Bombay Company
Booze for Babes
Capital SUP Team
Captain Cookie & the Milkman
Cava Mezze Group
Charlie Palmer Steak
Charm City Cakes
Chesapeake Maritime Museum
Co Co. Sala
Cork Wine Bar
Corolla Beach House
Cory Bryant Yoga
Currituck Beach Lighthouse
DC Metro Food Tours
Deer Valley Resort
Dimillo's on the Water
Eat the Rich
The Fainting Goat
Food of New York Tours
Food Wine and Co.
Four and Twenty Blackbirds
Four Seasons Atlanta
Fox School of Wine
Greenhill Winery & Vineyards
Hank's Oyster Bar
Hilton at BWI
Homemade Gin Kit
The Inn at Palmetto Bluff, A Montage Resort
Inn at Perry Cabin
Jack Rose Dining Saloon
Jet Boat Miami
Just Simply Cuisine
King Arthur Flour
Kitchen at Blue Creek
L'Academie de Cuisine
Late Night with Seth Meyers
Liberty Tavern | Lyon Hall | Northside Social
Marriott Marquis DC
Mon Ami Gabi
Montage Beverly Hills
Montage Deer Valley
Montage Laguna Beach
National Country Club
New Heights Restaurant
NoPa Kitchen and Bar
One Eight Distilling
Park City Food Tour
Penn Commons | Passion Food Hospitality
Poste Moderne Brasserie
Restaurants by Robert Wiedmaier
Sonoma Restaurant and Wine Bar
Sportrock Climbing Center
St. Michael's Winery
Taberna del Alabardero
Team Spirits Imports Company
Three Shepherds Cheese
The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon
Trummer's On Main
Utah Wine Tours
Waldorf Conquistador San Juan
Washington Photo Safari
Food Network star, best-selling author and mom of four
Celebrity chef, television host, best-selling author, and nationally syndicated writer Melissa d’Arabian is a go-to expert on affordable and healthy family home cooking. The mom of four is also a passionate advocate for No Kid Hungry and has supported Share Our Strength in myriad efforts throughout the last 5 years. With an MBA from Georgetown University, Melissa enjoyed a successful career in corporate finance and strategy before becoming a stay-at-home mom. Passionate about sharing her tried-and-true recipes and money-saving tactics, Melissa then competed on and won season five of “The Next Food Network Star.” She has since become well known for “Ten Dollar Dinners” – her popular Food Network show and New York Times best-selling cookbook. Her newest projects include: serving as a regular judge on the hit Food Network primetime series “Guy's Grocery Games;” writing a weekly column for The Associated Press; and hosting acclaimed FoodNetwork.com series, “The Picky Eaters Project,” a strategic plan she developed for her family to achieve a long-term solution for this all-too-common problem. Melissa’s highly anticipated second cookbook "Supermarket Healthy" debuted on December 30. Stay in touch with Melissa on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and on her website www.melissadarabian.net.
Get cookbooks signed by your favorite chef-authors!
Purchase books with your tickets and pick them up at the signing area during the event. All proceeds from the cookbook signing will benefit our No Kid Hungry campaign.
Baking with Less Sugar
Taming the Feast
Brown Sugar Kitchen
Classic Recipes for Modern People
7:15 - 8 p.m.
8 - 8:45 p.m.
Thank you to our pre-event partners!
Each year DC's Taste of the Nation engages the local community to raise awareness as well as additional funds to support Share Our Strenght's efforts to end childhood hunger in America. We thank this year's pre-event partners who are helping us to raise thousands of dollars before April 13 to ensure no kid goes hungry.
Sip & Shop
February 5, 2015
Hill's Kitchen, Owner Leah Daniels
Sip & Shop
December 10, 2014
Salt & Sundry, Amanda McClements & Team
2015 Press Coverage
- Washington Post: Try Sri Lankan cooking, Bolivian chocolate
- Washington Post: Taste and drink the nation with local chefs and mixologists
- Washingtonian: Win 2 Free VIP Tickets to Taste of the Nation DC 2015
- Washington City Paper: Win Tickets To D.C.'s Taste Of The Nation For No Kid Hungry
- Brightest Young Things: Your Best April
- Zagat: 8 Can't-Miss April Food & Drink Events in DC
- The Daily Meal: What’s Happening in Washington, DC: March 23, 2015
- EATER DC: Taste of the Nation Returns; Bar Pilar's Anniversary Bash
- Sun Times: Taste of the Nation Returns; Bar Pilar's Anniversary Bash (via EATER DC)
- DCist: The Weekly Feed: Maine via Mexico Edition
- Modern Luxury DC: Taste of the Nation DC
- The Georgetowner: Weekend Round Up April 9, 2015
- Washington Lobbyist: APRIL EVENT SEASON IN DC!
- GregsListDC: Taste of the Nation
- DC This Week: Taste of the Nation for No Kid Hungry Returns April 13th
- Samantha On Style: The Washington Times: National Cherry Blossom Festival Parade, The Lincoln Tribute, and Other Weekend Picks
- DC Outlook: DC Taste of the Nation for No Kid Hungry Returns April 13th
- The Washington Sun: DC' Taste of the Nation for No Kid Hungry, the District's Favorite Culinary Event for a Cause, Returns
- DCDiningGuide: Win 2 Tickets to Taste of the Nation (via Washingtonian)
- Washington Eats: DC's Taste of the Nation for No Kid Hungry
We are happy to answer any questions regarding event details, media requests, restaurant participation, sponsorship, auction item donations and volunteer options. Thank you!
Share Our Strength Staff
PR and Communications
Thank you for joining us on April 13th for DC’s Taste of the Nation.
In an effort to make your experience as enjoyable as possible, please read the instructions about the information below.
- Entrance is on the G street side of the building. Please plan on arriving at G street.
- We have partnered with Parking Panda, the nationwide leader in online parking reservations, to allow visitors to purchase guaranteed parking for DC Taste of the Nation.
- For event updates and so that you are able to participate in the silent auction, please register here: http://dcnkh15.auction-bid.org/micro2.php
- If you haven’t already, we encourage you to signup for Uber, our Official On-Demand Transportation Provider, with the code TASTEDC15 for two free rides up to $15 each, not valid on uberTAXI.