Honorary Chair for the 24th Annual Taste of the Nation Orlando will be announced soon!
Guests will sample delectable specialties and culinary sensations prepared by chefs from Central Florida's leading restaurants. Showcasing their talent and creativity, the combination of presentation and taste are sure to make the evening unforgettable.
17 million - that's 1 in 4 - American children struggle with hunger. 637,000 of these children live in Florida. Many of them live right down the street. GET INVOLVED 100% of Taste of the Nation ticket sales benefit Share Our Strength's efforts to end childhood hunger.
LIKE us on facebook and receive exclusive restaurant, auction and event updates: http://www.facebook.com/OrlandoTaste
2012 Participating Restaurants:
- The Capital Grille
- Christner's Del Frisco's
- Creekstone Farms
- Cress Restaurant
- Cuisiniers Catered Cuisine & Events
- Dine With Shamu at SeaWorld Orlando
- Emeril's Tchoup Chop
- Empress Sissi Bakery
- Fulton's Crab House
- Hilton at International Drive: Spencer's for Steaks and Chops
- Journey's Catering
- JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes
- K Restaurant & Wine Bar
- LongHorn Steakhouse
- Nestle Professional
- Olde Hearth Bread Co.
- Orlando World Center Marriott
- Red Wing Restaurant
- Rosen Shingle Creek: A Land Remembered
- Rosen Shingle Creek: Cala Bella
- Royal Plaza
- Sanaa at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Sushi Pop
- Taverna Opa
Participating Beverage Suppliers:
2012 Participating Beverage Suppliers:
2012's event featured both an exciting Live Auction and a stunning Silent Auction, both filled with once-in-a-lifetime deals!
2012 Live Auction Items
(Scroll Down to View Silent Auction Highlights)
San Francisco Wine Country:
Enjoy the breathtaking scenery and winery tours in the famous Napa Valley. Become a connoisseur as you sample a wide variety of delicious wines when you explore the wineries and quaint towns with their unique boutiques and restaurants. Two lucky winners will enjoy this and so much more.
Take a Bite out of the Big Apple:
Let JetBlue fly you and a guest to New York, New York! Experience everything the big city has to offer while staying at the swanky Tribeca Grand Hotel.
The Wine, Wonder and Pleasures of France:
World class LIFE, LOVE, and EXPERIENCES await you in the City of Lights! Fall in love all over again in Paris before slipping off to the beautiful French countryside. This magical trip for two is the epitome of romance.
Bali Hai Will Call You:
Imagine clear sparking water so blue it looks like a million gallons of sapphires, beaches so pristine that every square inch of sugar white sand says, "Come, lie down here," and Cordon Bleu chefs awaiting your every desire. Bali Hai will call you, and the two of you will answer.
Become A Spectacular Chef… in Tuscany:
Learn to cook in the heart of Classic Italy, Tuscany. Explore and savor the sights, sounds and tastes of the surrounding region as you become a world-class chef.
Silent Auction Highlights:
|Two tickets to Blue Man Group at Universal||Four tickets to WonderWorks Ultimate Combo, Including GA, dinner show, and a laser tag game.|
- BB&T - 4 tickets to the Legend Suite, Orlando Arena. Includes food, beverages, and parking for a premium event. Event TBD.
- Enzian Theater - Eight admission tickets
- The Florida Aquarium - Two admission tickets
- Howl at the Moon - Happy hour party which includes free admission for 100 people and two free drinks per person + appetizer buffet.
- Orange County Regional History Center - Family four pack admission tickets.
- The Orlando Shakespeare Theatre - Two tickets to Othello performed between January 23, 2013 and March 10, 2013
- SAK Comedy Lab - Two admission tickets. Each ticket is good for two people.
Food & Beverage
|The Peabody Orlando - $150 gift certificate for dinner at Napa Resaurant||Chef's tasting at the Ravenous Pig: Four course meal with wine pairings for four people|
- 4 River's - "Sandwich a Week" gift basket.
- BB&T - J Rolfe Davis Insurance-$150 gift certificate to Fleming's
- Brio Tuscan Grill - Dinner for four including two appetizers, one soup or salad per guest, one entrée per guest and one Dolchino dessert per guest.
- Buca di Beppo - $25.00 gift certificate
- Carlisle Realty, LLC - BBQ dinner for twenty people prepared by Chef Jim Rouadi. Includes ribs, wings, BBQ beans, mac n cheese.
- Dixie Crossroads - Three $20 gift certificates
- Inn at Little Washington - Dinner for two excluding tax, beverages, and gratuity.
- NYPD Pizza - $25 gift certificate valid at either NYPD metrowest or NYPD college park locations.
- Five course meal at chef's table for Eight at Centerplate Orlando paired with wine. Presented by Executive Chef James Katurakes
- PRP Wine International Inc. - An 8 bottle in-home wine tasting for up to a $250 value. They will present their exclusive wines from their vineyards and other private estates in a casual and informative setting that will delight everyone from the casual wine drinker to the discerning wine enthusiast.
- Rosen Plaza Hotel - Dinner for two at Jack's Place
- Season's 52 - $100 gift certificate
|JetBlue - 14 roundtrip airfare tickets||Modesto and Loren Alcala - Condo rental in Cocoa Beach for a week|
- Bohemian Hotel Celebration - One night stay.
- Night Swan Intracoastal Bed & Breakfast - One night stay including a full, hot breakfast.
- Casa Monica Hotel - One night stay
- Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate - Two night stay with breakfast for two. Two rounds of golf.
- Embassy Suites Orlando International Drive - Two night stay
- Orlando Airport Marriott - Two night stay
- Renaissance Orlando at Sea World - Two night stay
- Legacy Vacation Club - Three night stay in a two bedroom vacation villa.
- The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island - One night stay.
|Kerry Stamatin, Artist - "Cut crystal and Robusto" painting. 25" x 30" oil on canvas||Food Network - Midnight series Guy Fieri Chopper Santoku knife by Ergo Chef and Guy Fieri Food book by Guy Fieri|
- Bag'n Baggage Company - $100 gift certificate
- Dean Koontz - Autographed copy of "A big little life"
- The Letterman Show - 4 t-shirts
- Tastefully Simple - Cool Entertaining gift basket. Assortment features mixes for drinks, dips, desserts and more-plus a fabulous honesuckle insulated picnic cooler.
Sports & Leisure
|Four tickets to the 2013 Rolex 24 at the Daytona International Speedway on Saturday, January 26, 2013||Tampa Bay Rays - Autographed Jeremy Hellickson baseball and Rays promotional package.|
- Bill Long's Fishing Guide Service - One full day largemouth Bass fishing trip for two with guide. Includes: bait, tackle, rods and reels, drinks, lunch, photos of your fish, local transportation, fishing boat
- Tuscawilla Country Club - 60 day full golf membership
- University of Florida - Two tickets to the Florida vs. Richmond Men's Basketball game on January 5, 2013
- Sushi and Sit-Ups - 2012 TotN Orlando - Recap
- Peas in a Blog - 2012 - Recap
- Peanut Butter Fingers 2012 - Recap
- Running Peanut 2012 - Recap
- Party with a Purpose - Recap
- Taste of the Nation Orlando 2012 – World Center Marriott - Recap
- Seminole Voice
- East Orlando Sun
- The Park Press
- Mommy, Wait! - Taste of the Nation Orlando 2012
- Central Florida Top5
- Amplified Culture
- Tasty Chomps
- Katy Widrick – Blogging for Good .. Second Harvest Food Bank
- The little Kitchen – Five Things – Hunger in Central Florida
- Tasty Chomps - Taste of the Nation Recap
- Tasty Chomps - Interview with The Ravenous Pig
- Cassandra Branson - Crave Local
- Katy Widrick
- Mega Yummo - City Fire American Oven and Bar at Taste of the Nation Orlando
- Taste of the Nation Orlando, JW Marriott Creme Brulee Demo
- Official Press Release: TASTE OF THE NATION RAISES $156K TO FIGHT CHILDHOOD HUNGER
- MIX 105.1 Community Connection interview with Dana Taylor
- Blog by Coalition for the Homeless
- Guest blog by Taste of the Nation Co-Chair Michele Byington
- Blog: The Dish by Orlando Sentinel staff writer Heather McPherson
- Blog: A Night With the Hops
- Blog by Katy Widrick: In Pursuit of Health, Happiness and a Balanced Diet Life
- Blog: Scott Joseph's Orlando Restaurant Guide
Please contact us regarding event details, PR/media, restaurant participation, volunteering or donating an auction item. Thank you!
Andrea Patenaude, 407-808-7508
Michele Byington 407-246-5504
Matt Harrison, 407-616-7517
Restaurant & Beverage Chair
Bill Sullivan 407-292-0299
Silent & Live Auction Chair
Collen Herrick 407-679-5150
David Sikes 407.463.2925
- Coalition for the Homeless of Central Florida - Coalition for the Homeless of Central Florida’s mission is to transform the lives of homeless men, women, and children by providing crucial services to end their crisis of homelessness. Every day, the Coalition helps an average of 650 homeless individuals, about 200 of whom are children with an average age of less than eight years old.
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida - Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida is a private, nonprofit organization that collects and distributes donated food to more than 500 nonprofit partner agencies in six Central Florida counties: Brevard, Lake, Orange, Osceola, Seminole and Volusia.
- Florida Impact - Florida Impact's mission is to inspire and enlist the people of Florida to secure justice for and with those whose economic rights have not been realized. We also work to increase access to food programs by conducting aggressive outreach strategies and public policy advocacy.