One in Five Children in America Struggles with Hunger
Share Our Strength's
25th Annual Taste of the Nation Atlanta
Thursday, April 11, 2013
255 Baker Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30313
Honorary Chairs: Governor Nathan Deal & First Lady Sandra Deal
John Mariani, one of America's premier food writers and Esquire's food and travel columnist for 30 years
Special Guests: Billy Shore, Founder and Chief Executive Office of Share Our Strength
Debbie Shore, Co-Founder of Share Our Strength
Event Chairmen: Pano Karatassos & George McKerrow
Black Tie Optional
The 25th Annual Taste of the Nation Atlanta is the city’s preeminent culinary benefit supporting the fight to end childhood hunger. An elegant evening of gourmet food and wine, Taste of the Nation features chefs and gourmet cuisine from 50 of Atlanta’s top restaurants, wine tastings, and live entertainment along with live, silent, and wine auctions.
In Atlanta, Taste of the Nation brings together the finest chefs and restaurants, top corporations and individuals to raise the critical funds needed to end childhood hunger. This year, our goal is to raise funds to ensure that no child in Atlanta grows up hungry.
Taste of the Nation Atlanta 2012 participating chefs sharing their thoughts on childhood hunger.
Contact Allison Palestrini at firstname.lastname@example.org or 770.436.5151 with any questions.
As a special thanks to all of our participating restaurants, sponsors, patrons and guests, please join us for the After Party immediately following Taste of the Nation at 5 Seasons Brewing Company - Westside. Sponsored by Restaurant Informer.
Thank you to our sponsors
Georgia Aquarium/Wolfgang Puck Catering
Empire Distributors, Inc.
National Distributing Company
Prime Wine & Spirits
Quality Wine & Spirits
United Distributors, Inc.
The Reynolds Group Inc.
Atlanta Wholesale Wine
Atlanta Falcons Youth Foundation
Buckhead Life Restaurant Group
A & D Linens
Tommy & Chantal Bagwell
After Party Venue
5 Seasons Brewing Company - Westside
WXIA TV - 11Alive
Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Live Auction Sneak Peek
Full of impressive vacations, dinners and much more - grab your paddle at this year's live auction to raise money to end childhood hunger in Georgia.
- Revel in a private Cocktail Party for 50 Guests at 103 West, with a decadent menu concepted by the master host himself, Pano Karatassos of Buckhead Life Restaurant Group.
- Get behind-the-scenes at with Executive Chef Chris Raucci of Ted’s Montana Grill, as he hosts a Cooking Party and VIP Private Dinner for 12 culinary aficionados.
- Chef Pano I. Karatassos of Kyma will transport the taste buds of 24 lucky guests with an epic Greek Feast—all without leaving Atlanta. This cocktail party and private seated dinner will be one to remember!
- Bring a jet-setting guest along and hop aboard your own Private Plane for the Day with one of ImagineAir’s expert pilots.
- Take a bite of the Big Apple as you and a guest enjoy first-class airfare, luxury accommodations right in the heart of Manhattan and a whirlwind tour of some of New York City’s best restaurants.
- It’s easy to see why St. Lucia’s Jade Mountain is one of the Caribbean’s best resorts: stunning beaches, open-air sanctuaries, world-class fare and round-the-clock butlers make your stay spectacular.
- “Top Chef” Kevin Gillespie will dazzle your group, when he personally cooks for you at his new Atlanta restaurant Gun Show at his Chef’s Table for 6.
- Soak up the sun and luxuriate in Cabo San Lucas’s pristine natural beauty at Capella Pedegral, the flagship luxury boutique beach resort of the Capella brand.
- Enjoy outdoor dining at its best, riverside at Canoe, with hosts George & Ginair McKerrow. Your priceless meal will be unforgettable.
- Stay where only wine experts can at the Reynolds Family Winery. Taste the wine known the world over, savor California cuisine and take home a large-format bottle.
- Arby’s Executive Chef Neville Simpson Craw cooks a one-of-a-kind feast for you and number of guests in your home – Arby’s to the nines!
Additional in-home dinners by our featured chefs for parties with friends, family or business.