THANK YOU PORTLAND FOR YOUR SUPPORT! STAY TUNED FOR INFORMATION ON TASTE OF THE NATION 2015.
Portland's Taste of the Nation® for No Kid Hungry 2014
Tuesday April 29th 2014
McMenamins Crystal Hotel & Ballroom
Guests in 2014 enjoyed an evening with Oregon's Best Chefs, Winemakers, Brewers & Distillers as they came together to end childhood hunger.
Each ticket purchased helps support Share Our Strength’s efforts in eliminating childhood hunger as well as our local beneficiaries. In the wake of staggering reports that nearly half of all children in the U.S. will be on food stamps at the some point in their life, there is no time to waste. The time to act is now.
Thank you for your continued support in our mission to ensure that no kid goes hungry and we look forward to seeing you at the Taste of the Nation Portland 2015.
Thank you for supporting Portland's Taste of the Nation® for No Kid Hungry. We look forward to welcoming you to the event in 2015 -- more information to come. With over 50 of the region's top chefs and beverage purveyors, plus a special Multnomah Whiskey Library pop up, your palate is in for a real treat.
TASTE OF THE NATION PORTLAND 2014 CHEAT SHEET:
- VIP Reception begins at 5:30 PM - You'll get to join us in the VIP Lounge for exclusive wines and bites. You'll also be the first to start bidding in the much-anticipated Silent Auction. Join us right at 5:30 PM to get the most out of your ticket.
- General Admission begins at 6:30 PM.
- Parking - Complimentary parking will be available for VIP guests only at the lot on 14th and Burnside. Metered parking is available throughout the neighborhood for General Admission guests.
- Driving Alternative - Taxi Magic is offering guests of Taste of the Nation Portland a special $10.00 off your first ride when you book a taxi through them. Use the promo code TOTN14.
- Silent Auction - Get ready to bid on once-in-a-lifetime culinary experiences and unique getaways. You can also take advantage of the games, where everyone has a chance to win at Restaurant Roulette or Wine Cellar Door.
- Please bring a photo ID - A reminder that the Taste of the Nation is a 21+ event and no children or strollers will be admitted. Thank you for your cooperation.
2014 Participanting Restaurants
VIP Section ONLY
General Admission Section
Aviary | Bamboo Sushi | biwa | Boke Bowl | Departure | Gracies | Grassa | Irving Street Kitchen | Lardo | Laurelhurst Market | McMenamins Black Rabbit Restaurant | McMenamins Zeus Cafe | Olympic Provisions | Pacific Pie | Petunia's Pies and Pastries | Produce Row | Raven and Rose | Ringside Steakhouse | Salt & Straw | Smallwares | Smokehouse 21 | St. Jack
2014 Beverage Suppliers
Breweries & Non-Alcoholic
Burnside Brewing Company | DRY Soda | Ecliptic Brewing | Full Sail Brewery | Maletis Beverage | McMenamins Breweries | McMenamins Coffee Roasters | pFriem Family Brewing | Portland Juice Press | Sierra Nevada Brewing Company | Smith Tea | Volcanic Mineral Refresher | Wandering Aengus Cider
Anam Cara Cellars | Apolloni Vineyards | Argyle Winery | Cana's Feast Winery | Chapter 24 Vineyards | Cristom Vineyards | Edgefield Winery | Elk Cove Vineyards | Moet & Chandon | Pamplin Family Vineyards | Sineann Winery
2014 Local Sponsors
-- Local In-Kind Sponsors --
-- Local Media Sponsors --
For more information about sponsoring Taste of the Nation Portland, click here.
Thanks for your interest in volunteering for Portland's Taste of the Nation 2015!
Please fill out this volunteer form to register for this year’s event.
When you volunteer with Portland's Taste of the Nation you give back to those that are in need and get back something for yourself!
- Partners for Hunger-free Oregon: Together with the Oregon Hunger Task Force, they work to end hunger before it begins by addressing root causes. Our common goal is to build families' economic stability and food security so that all Oregonians have sufficient means and ready access to nutritious, quality food.
- Oregon Food Bank: To eliminate hunger and its root causes ... because no one should be hungry. Oregon Food Bank takes a holistic approach to ending hunger by bringing our community together to provide food, education and hope to our neighbors in need.
- St. Vincent de Paul Society: Food-for-Kid (FFK) is a supplemental food program for children ages 3 to 18, offering nutritious single-serving food items. Typically sacks contain: 1 protein, 1 cereal, 1 fruit bar, 1 snack bar, 1 small bag of chips, 1 fruit cup, & 1-2 juices. We deliver over 325 packets per week to 17 schools. Many of these school children are homeless. At this time our FFK program operates only in rural Clackamas County, but we are hoping to expand the program into Washington County in the future.
- Klamath/Lake Counties Food Bank: To address hunger by providing food to emergency food assistance programs and support other non-profit agencies and their programs that have a positive affect on the lives of children and adults in Klamath and Lake Counties.