Tickets Now On Sale!
Newly set at The Corinthian in Houston's historic downtown district, Taste of the Nation for No Kid Hungry is the region's hottest and most trend-forward food and beverage event. On September 29, over 40 of Houston's hottest chefs and mixologists will donate their time, talent and passion with one goal in mind: to raise the critical funds needed to end childhood hunger in America. In addition to delicious food, fine wines, local craft beers and premium spirits, guests will also enjoy a premium silent auction, and the opportunity to network with the region's tastemakers and trend setters. Buy your tickets now.
Our Host Committee:
Lindsey Brown, Clumsy Butcher
Korin and Derrick Burnett
Marta and Bill Marko
William and Kathleen Mercer
Are you interested in sponsoring, purchasing a VIP table, or just have a question? Contact Emily Roth by email.
PARTICIPATING RESTAURANTS & BBQ JOINTS
More bars, beer and wine to be announced soon!
Chris Shepherd (@cshepherd13)
Randy Evans (@beardandbird)
Alba Huerta (@albaworksit)
Daniel Vaughn (@bbqsnob)
Official Hotel Sponsor
Randall's Food Markets | CRC Insurance
Special Thanks To...
Clumsy Butcher | Houston Food Blogger Collective
Jackson & Company | Minuteman Press Downtown Houston
Interested in getting involved with Houston's Taste of the Nation? Find out how.
Volunteering: Submit a volunteer request.
*Please note that we will not be contacting volunteers until mid-August.*
Press Requests: Complete a press request here.
Funds raised through Houston's Taste of the Nation support No Kid Hungry, Share Our Strength's national campaign to end childhood hunger in America, and these local Houston partners: Houston Food Bank, Kid's Meals, and the Center for Public Policy Priorities.
Houston's Taste of the Nation is just away!
Don't miss our amazing line up of silent auction items!
- A Culinary Tour for of Houston for four with Chef Chris Shepherd
- A Whiskey Tasting Class for four at Julep -- with a seafood tour
- Two roundtrip airfares on JetBlue
- In-home dinner for four with chefs from Southern Goods
- BBQ Feast for ten from The Brisket House
- Staycation at the JW Marriott Houston Downtown
- Multicourse chef's tasting menu from RDG + Bar Annie
- Dessert Tasting for Four from Fluff Bake Bar
- Gift certificates from Coltivare, Hugo's, The Pass & Provisions, Peli Peli, Bernie's Burger Bus, Houston Dairymaids and more!
- BBQ Technique Class with Pappa Charlie's pitmaster
- Five course tasting menu with wine at Killen's Steakhouse
- $250 worth of Louie Mueller BBQ
- Private Pizza Party at Alamo Drafthouse
- Dinner at Olivette at The Houstonian
- Dessert Tasting from Cloud 10 Creamery
- Fried Chicken Dinner for 6 from Holley's
- Sunday Brunch for four from Quattro
- Catered BBQ for 15 from Roegel's Barbecue
As part of the No Kid Hungry Campaign, Houston's Taste of the Nation benefits these local organizations:
The Houston Food Bank
The Houston Food Bank is a solution to hunger in times of need. America's largest, the Food Bank distributes 59 million nutritious meals through its network of 600 food pantries, soup kitchens, shelters and other hunger relief charities in southeast Texas, feeding 800,000 individuals each year. Fresh produce, meat, and nonperishables are distributed from the warehouse at 535 Portwall, and meals for kids are prepared and distributed from Keegan Center, a 15,000 square-foot industrial kitchen. Additional community services include nutrition education, school-based programs, food stamp applications, and hands-on job training. Red Barrels offer a convenient way for grocery shoppers to donate nonperishables for their neighbors in need. The Houston Food Bank, founded in 1982, is a certified member of Feeding America, the nation's food bank network, with a four-star rating from Charity Navigator. Visit us online at HoustonFoodBank.org.
Houston Food Bank on Twitter | Houston Food Bank on Facebook | Houston Food Bank on Youtube
Kids' Meals Houston
Kids' Meals mission is to end hunger among children by delivering nutritious meals to the doors of preschool children in need. Kids' Meals currently serves over 2,200 healthy meals each weekday, free of cost, year round.
KidsMealsHouston.org | Kids' Meals on Facebook | Kids' Meals on Twitter
Center for Public Policy Priorities
The Center for Public Policy Priorities is a non-partisan, nonprofit policy research organization committed to improving public policies and private practices that influence the economic and social prospects and conditions of individuals, families, and communities.